Other Visas to Australia

Subclass 417 Working Holiday

‚ÄčThe Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) is a temporary visa for young people who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year. It is a temporary visa that encourages cultural exchange and closer ties between Australia and eligible countries.

You might be able to get this visa if you:

  • Are at least 18 but not yet 31 years of age
  • Do not have a dependent child accompanying you at any time during your stay in Australia
  • Have a passport from an eligible country.

This visa allows you to:

  • Stay in Australia for up to 12 months
  • Work in Australia, generally for up to six months with each employer
  • Study for up to four months
  • Leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid.

Refugee and Protection Visa

Australia’s humanitarian program has 2 types of visas:

  • The onshore visa: Which offers protection to people already in Australia.
  • The offshore visa: Which offers possibilities for people outside Australia who are in need of humanitarian assistance.

Resident Return Visa

Permanent Residency allows you to travel in and out of Australia for 5 years. If you need to travel out of Australia after 5 years, you need to apply for a Resident Return Visa. To qualify for a 5 year RRV, you must have been physically in Australia for at least 2 years in the 5 years immediately before applying. The time spent in Australia is cumulative, i.e. multiple stays equaling 2 years is acceptable.

Training and Research visa (subclass 402)

For training and research opportunities which allow you to take part in structured workplace-based training, you may be eligible for the Training and Research visa (subclass 402).